citicard

Options
paul7
paul7
Community Member

I am trying to use 1Password to sign into the Citicards website, but it does not input the username, hence it fails to log in properly. The website is located at:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
KB Article: change-website-password

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @paul7,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your Citicards Login item!

We've had some trouble with Logins for that site in the past, but the latest version of 1Password and the browser extension should be able to save them correctly, so you may simply need to follow these steps to save a new Login item.

Does the new Login item work correctly? Let us know how it goes, thanks!

• paul7
    paul7
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, that appeared to work. Previously, I did try using the "Save New Login" and then select "Update existing Login" (so I wouldn't have to recreate a new login) but that didn't work. Any ideas why?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

When you manually re-create and save a new login it allows 1P to re-learn the hidden structure of the login page—which is why merely updating your existing login didn't work.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As Stephen explained, saving a brand new Login item for a site allows 1Password to refresh everything it “knows” about the login form on that site, so it can save the new (or changed) web form details. When you update an existing Login, that just changes the password or username, and doesn't change the web form details at all.

I hope that helps to explain things, but please let us know if you have more questions - we're always happy to help! :)

• paul7
    paul7
    Community Member
    Options

Now that is confusing. When I think of updating, I think of updating completely! Why would you NOT want it do that? If default is to Update structure, it would also update any new password!

Now I have to take the extra step of opening 1Password and deleting the other login.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @paul7,

I do apologize for the confusion here. In most cases, updating the username and password for the entry should be sufficient, but you're not wrong, we could be a bit more thorough with this process, and our team is actually looking into this right now. With the frequency that websites tend to update their own login screens, re-saving all the details by default doesn't sound like a horrible idea at all. :)

I'll share your thoughts with them!

ref: OPM-2708

This discussion has been closed.