trying to decide on best product

mteuscher
mteuscher
Community Member

I am looking for a product that my family can use on multiple devices (macbooks, pc, iphones, ipads, and a mac). There are passwords that we would share (amazon, itunes), and there would be passwords that we would want to protect as individuals.
Can your product off this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mteuscher ,

Thanks so much for considering 1Password for keeping your family's digital data secure and organized! I'd be happy to answer your questions here.

I am looking for a product that my family can use on multiple devices (macbooks, pc, iphones, ipads, and a mac).

You're in luck! 1Password is available for Mac, Windows, iOS (and Android, should you ever find a need for a new type of toy.) You can snag a Mac+Windows license on the AgileBits Store, and a single license can be used for up to 6 members of the same household on as many Macs and PCs as you can afford. 1Password 5 for iOS is a free download from the iOS App Store, with some Pro Features available for a one-time in app purchase. (I will let you know that Apple has excluded in-app purchases from Family Sharing, so the Pro features will have to be purchased individually per user for those that need them.)

As a timely bonus, 1Password is currently on sale, so you can save 30% off the regular price across all platforms if you snag your license soon.

There are passwords that we would share (amazon, itunes), and there would be passwords that we would want to protect as individuals.

It sounds to me like you'd be interested in 1Password's Multiple Vaults feature. Here's a short run-down of how it would work:

• Each family member will set up their own, super-secret primary vault for storing their own personal Logins and other secure data.
    • You can create as many secondary vaults as you need to share family information (for example: an 'adults-only' vault with all the boring banking details, and a family vault with the Amazon, iTunes and Netflix Logins.)

I hope this answers your questions, but if we can be of any further assistance, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.