Worst Program Ever Used

Options
prodeditor
prodeditor
Community Member

@d up program I've used in 25 years of using the Mac. Nothing -- NOTHING -- works consistently, especially the sync. It breaks every other week. Look at the all the troubleshooting tips and threads and the ridiculous steps you have to go through. Use Apple's keychain, people, and avoid this "support" nonsense.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @prodeditor,

Welcome to the support forums. Clearly you're suffering through some issues given your post. However, for us to even stand a chance of helping (which is why we're here) we will need a bit more information.

Things can go wrong. When you sync via a cloud service we rely on either Dropbox or iCloud. Sometimes things can get themselves into a bad state and so yes, we do have pages with suggestions to cope with these possibilities. Wi-Fi Sync relies on Bonjour and can be affected by aspects such as your router or a software firewall. None of this is to say that we don't have bugs. Almost no software is bug free but like any responsible company we do our best to address these as they arise.

For the majority of people 1Password works as it should. If you're willing we can try and help you reach this state too :smile:

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

It works exactly as advertised for me. No problems other than occasional cockpit errors.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Plato: Good to hear, although I know some are more fortunate than others in this regard! Things don't always work as they should, but we're always here to help if they don't. Fingers crossed! :)

@prodeditor: I'm sorry for the confusion, and that you're apparently having so much trouble! 1Password doesn't actually sync anything, though; that's the function that Dropbox, iCloud, or Wi-Fi Sync serve. If you're having issues specifically with data syncing, we can offer a lot of great tips and recommendations from our own experience.

Ultimately 1Password doesn't have control of the transport itself. But if you can give us some more information we're happy to help any way we can, and point to in the right direction at least in cases where it's out of our purview. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.