Syncing between 2 Macs

rwmsatracc2000.com
rwmsatracc2000.com
Community Member

Having the same problem with syncing 2 macs.

iMac 10.10.3 Yosemite 1Password 5.3.1 agile
Primary vault with Dropbox
RCW>Dropbox>1Password>1Password.agilekeychain
14 minutes ago
293 items

MacAir 10.10.3 Yosemite 1Password 5.3.1 agile
Primary vault with Dropbox
RCW>Dropbox>1Password.agilekeychain
6 seconds ago
305 items

Note the pathway for the iMac has an extra 1Password in it
I have noticed part of the problem is when I delete duplicate items in my iMac they are not deleted on my MacAir.
No problem in syncing between my iMac and iPhone.

1Password Version: 5.3.1
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: OSX 10.10.3
Sync Type: agile keychain via Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rwmsatracc2000.com ,

Thanks for providing such a detailed description of your situation! You're right, your two computers are syncing to two different paths. Let's reset sync to get everything on the same page:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, and tap Disable Sync.

• On the Mac, open 1Password for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

Please note that in 1Password 5 (and version 4 before it) your data is stored locally, as well as in the sync location (Dropbox, in this case), so removing the data from Dropbox is not the same thing as deleting your database.

If you have any questions about this process, please let me know - we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.