No vault after fresh installation of Yosemite

Options
robvun
robvun
Community Member
edited May 2015 in Mac

I have a new Yosemite OS running on my Mac Pro 3.1 and installed 1Password. In the 1Password 5 menu the following options are all greyed out: New Vault, New Demo Vault, Delete Vault, Lock, Empty Trash, Show All. Preferences > Sync > VAULTS: empty. I haven't a clue what to do. Also, I am not offered to import my data from Dropbox. Help please!

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

There's a button that people sometimes miss. Towards the bottom right of the initial page you get when opening 1PW is a button saying "Awesome. Let's get started" or similar words. (Sorry to be vague, but I'm just an experienced user, not an AgileBits employee,so I can't conveniently go right back to the start).

If you've never clicked that, you need to do so to continue. You then get a choice of "I am a new user" and "I have used 1PW before".

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robvun ,

Are you seeing the 'welcome' screen as Danco suggests? If so, have a look through our Starting 1Password for the first time guide to walk you through this process.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you're still having difficulties, please let us know - we're happy to help!

• robvun
    robvun
    Community Member
    Options

Thanx. Probably I typed something when asked for the master password thinking I was somewhere else on the screen. Deleted the 1Password file from Preferences. Problem solved.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@robvun: That's great! That's for the update. I'm glad to hear that you're up and running. You should be all set, but be sure to reach out if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.