mac, ipad and iphone syncing inconsistently using dropbox

Options
petosky5
petosky5
Community Member
edited May 2015 in iOS

I am using Yosemite 10.10.3 on my Macbook Pro - syncing successfully to dropbox. I have an iPhone 5 OS 8.3 and and iPad mini OS 8.3... these sync to dropbox, but the data is an older version. I have deleted the 1password account on my iPhone several times and reconnected it to the same dropbox as the mac, but it's still old data. All three devices indicate that they've synced seconds ago. How can I get my iPad and iPhone to sync with the current version that is on my mac?

1Password Version: 5.3.1 for my mac; 5.4.1 for my iPhone/ipad
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: 8.3 for iPad and iPhone
Sync Type: Dropbox5.3

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @petosky5,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password's Dropbox sync. I'd like to get an idea of what data is actually making it to Dropbox.

Please try this test for me: On each device create a new Secure Note that has an easily identifiable name (e.x. "Mac test", "iPad test", and "iPhone test", respectively). Once you've done that, please log into the Dropbox web interface at https://www.dropbox.com/ on your Mac. Open up the 1Password folder, then the 1Password.agilekeychain folder. Inside you should see a 1Password.html file. This is the "1PasswordAnywhere" feature. Log in using your Master Password, and see which of the Secure Notes that you created on your devices show up there.

Please let me know which ones are there and which are not.

Thanks!

Ben

P.S. You can learn more about 1PasswordAnywhere here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/5/en/topic/1passwordanywhere

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I did as you asked. Only the "iPad test", and "iPhone test" showed up in that folder.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks! I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here with your ticket ID (that our friend BitBot will send you) once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks bwoodruff. Done. No ticket ID yet.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2015
    Options

Unfortunately that means we haven't received the message yet. It can sometimes take up to 10 minutes for our email system to process incoming messages and get the ticket ID out to you, but if it has been more than 10-15 minutes it is likely that your email was not delivered, and will need to be sent again. It wouldn't hurt to give it a half hour to be sure.
    ref: NWU-55836-759

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member
    Options

okay - still no ticket ID. I'll try again.

• Ben
    Options

Got it now, thanks! We'll review it as soon as possible and will reply via email. :)

Ben

ref: NWU-55836-759

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member
    Options

Okay - sent it a different way and it has now been received.
    My support ID is [#RJG-32634-712]

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2015
    Options

Thanks! It appears Eva has replied to your message and is awaiting your response by email.

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member
    Options

I have not received anything from Eva (searched my mail)... only from "BitBot" (at 2:11pm est) giving me the support ID.

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member
    Options

Still nothing from Eva. Could you tell me next steps?

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member
    Options

Hello?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @petosky5,

I've re-sent Eva's email to you. I apologize for the delay. You may want to check and make sure our messages aren't getting caught in your spam filter.

Thanks.

Ben

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I got it this time :-). The earlier one was not in spam b/c I kept checking "All Mail" including spam. But I have it now.

• Ben
    Options

Great! Thanks. Please let us know here if you continue to have trouble receiving emails. :)

This discussion has been closed.