1Password on my iPhone is out of sync with my Mac

Options
matzsoft
matzsoft
Community Member

On my Mac running OS X 10.10.3 I have 1Password version 5.3.1 (from the agilebits website) syncing with Dropbox. On my iPhone running iOS 8.3 I have 1Password 5 (just updated today) syncing with iCloud. I used to have them both syncing with Dropbox, but some how the iPhone got changed. Of course this means the two vaults are out of sync. I would like to get them back in sync but when I try to change the iPhone back to Dropbox I get:

Vault Mismatch
It appears that the data in the Primary vault is different from the vault you selected in Dropbox. We recommend that you do not merge these vaults.

More Info says that the two vaults are 99.0% similar. Will "Merge these vaults anyway" cause me to lose anything? Is there some other way for me to realign the vaults without losing anything?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @matzsoft ,

We don't believe this will cause you to lose anything, but to give you piece of mind, we recommend making backups first. To do this on iOS, go to Settings -> Advanced and tap Create Backup. On OS X, go to Preferences -> Backups and create a backup there.

That way, if anything goes wrong, you can turn off sync and restore that backup.

Then you can confidently merge the vaults.

This discussion has been closed.