Need help synching 1Password on MacBookPro (master) with Windows computer, iPhone5 and iPhone 6.

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Using DropBox to synch. Latest version of 1Password is on MacBook, Windows computer, and both phones. But when I added it to the new iPhone 6, I noticed that the total number of items does not match. 179 items on MacBook. 177 on Windows & iPhone 6. 166 on iPhone5. Just added iPhone 6 and noticed nothing matches although I've made sure 1Password latest version is on MacBook & iPhones. Total items on MacBook is 179. Total on iPhone 6 and Windows is 177. Total on iPhone 5 is 166. Clueless on what is wrong and how to troubleshoot.
1Password 5.42 on iPhone 5 & iPhone 6
1Password 5.3 on MacBookPro

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: OSX 10.10.3
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @Frances,

Sorry to hear about the trouble getting Dropbox sync working. I'd like to get an idea of what data is actually making it to Dropbox.

Please try this test for me: On each device create a new Secure Note that has an easily identifiable name (e.x. "Mac test", "Windows test", and "iPhone 5 test", etc, respectively). Once you've done that, please log into the Dropbox web interface at https://www.dropbox.com/ on your Mac. Open up the 1Password folder, then the 1Password.agilekeychain folder. Inside you should see a 1Password.html file (open it). This is the "1PasswordAnywhere" feature. Log in using your Master Password, and see which of the Secure Notes that you created on your devices show up there.

Please let me know which ones are there and which are not.

Thanks!

Ben

P.S. You can learn more about 1PasswordAnywhere here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/5/en/topic/1passwordanywhere

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

OK, I created 4 new records, one each for MacBook, windows, iPhone6 & iPhone 5. Mac Test, iPhone 6 test and Windows test all displayed on each of those 3 devices. None of them displayed on iPhone 5; only iPhone 5 test displayed there.

Then I went to Dropbox as you indicated and found the 1Password folder and reviewed the Secure Notes there. Only 2 showed...iPhone 6 test and Mac Test. That site is missing Windows test and iPhone 5 test.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I responded with the actions I took. Did you get my response?

• Hi @Frances,

I responded with the actions I took. Did you get my response?

We did, yes.

So, the Secure Note created on your Windows PC shows up on the iPhone 6 and Mac but it does not appear in 1PasswordAnywhere? Can you please confirm that?

Since the iPhone 5 Secure Note didn't show up anywhere else, and the iPhone 5 also doesn't show any of the updates from other devices, it definitely sounds as though that device is not syncing properly. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iPhone 5:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the Report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I just sent the diagnostic report.

• @Frances - thanks for sending the diagnostics report. We have received it and will be replying to you shortly via email.

ref: /URN-32739-559

This discussion has been closed.