OS Version: Mac OS 10.10.3
Sync Type: iCloud

1p.png 820.3K

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@xiaoronglv: This is really strange, because it works for me and this is the first report I've seen like this.

Which version of Chrome are you using? And do you have security software or other extensions that might be interfering? Please disable them temporarily to see if that helps.

@tbloomq: Which extensions specifically? I wonder if it's a caching issue with a CDN or ISP.

You may be able to download it directly from our update server, possibly using another browser. Please let me know what you find though, so we can look into it. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• xiaoronglv
    xiaoronglv
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

It seems like my proxy is root cause.

If I use http proxy in my office, the 1password chrome extension could not find 1password app.

if I disconnect my wifi(using proxy), 1password chrome extension will find 1password app successfully.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@xiaoronglv: Aha! That makes perfect sense. If all traffic is being rerouted through the proxy, 1Password's communications will never get to the extension.

If you go to Chrome Settings > Network > Change Proxy Settings, this will open System Preferences (it's a quick way of getting there) where you can add an exclusion for 127.0.0.1 (under Bypass proxy settings for these Hosts & Domains) to prevent local connections from being rerouted externally through the proxy. Just be sure to click OK and Apply the changes. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.