1password mini and rebooting my computer

Options
robertoleonardo
robertoleonardo
Community Member
edited May 2015 in Mac

I seem to be having the exact problem discussed here - https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/37402/1password5-mini-not-starting-on-yosemite-login (but it was resolved between the user and you guys privately via email so i'm not sure what happened)

I have an older computer and so there are times when I need to do something not requiring 1password or any other menu bar apps and so i exit them all. I usually restart my computer to get them all back up and running, but unless i open 1password before shutting down, then i have to manually open 1password mini after restarting. Is this a bug or just the way it's designed?

the only alternative I see is putting 1password in startup items on my mac, but that opens the whole thing so that is also less than ideal. is there any way to always have mini start running in the background upon a restart, whether it was open when i shut down or not?

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.4
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robertoleonardo,

This is by design: If you explicitly quit 1Password mini before restarting your Mac, it won’t start up again until you open the app manually. Adding the 1Password app to your startup items will make sure mini automatically starts when you reboot your Mac, but as you said, that will also open the main 1Password app.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that! If you have more questions, please let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

• robertoleonardo
    robertoleonardo
    Community Member
    Options

sounds good. i kind of figured, and i'm not surprised i'm in the minority who would want it to re-open on a reboot after expressly quitting it...but thought i'd check. thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

HI @robertoleonardo ,

I'm glad that Drew was able to help answer your question, even if it wasn't quite the answer you wanted.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.