Can't download Browser Extensions

Download fails with an error message pointing back to the Agilebits servers. Both from the AWS hosted site and the Agilebits site.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tbloomq: Which extensions specifically? I wonder if it's a caching issue with a CDN or ISP.

You may be able to download it directly from our update server. Please let me know what you find though, so we can look into it! :)

• tbloomq
    tbloomq
    Community Member

It is failing on all browsers and all file downloads (beta's released etc). The error message is a "Connection failure"

I am on OSX Yosemite.

Thanks,
    Tom

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@tbloomq: Ouch. That sounds way too familiar.

I was actually having trouble with the Chrome extension myself last night (as that is served through the Chrome Store), but today all is well. This sounds like my old pal Yosemite is getting' riled up again!

Please try disabling your network connection (probably Wi-Fi) for about 30 seconds and then turn it back on. This probably won't be sufficient, but sometimes it is and it's less of a nuisance than step 2: restart your Mac. That will probably resolve the issue.

Unfortunately in some cases when I've had Yosemite networking issues, I've had to restart the whole network (router, other devices, etc.), but that is fairly rare. What's happening is that the cache is getting poisoned, and this will happen more frequently the more devices you have on the network that are affected by this bug. The good news is that Apple is aware of these issues (and they are legion), and seem to have taken steps in the latest betas (and hopefully in any upcoming OS X release) to address this.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.