Code signature could not be verified Windows 8.1 firefox portable 38.0.1 [Issue with Sophos]

Sensemann
Sensemann
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,
after replaceing my old PC with Win7 a new one with Win8.1 I'm gettings this code signature error message when trying to use the Firefox Browser Extension.
It's the same Firefox I've previsously used on Windows 7 (it's a portable Version) without Problems.
Deactivating my Sophos endpoint protection (security Software) didn't help.

Please help...

Jens

1Password Version: 4.5.0.574
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: Windows 8.1 pro english
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

I'm gettings this code signature error message

@Sensemann I'm sorry you are having this problem.

1. Follow these steps (recommended).
    2. If #1 doesn't work, then you can turn OFF code signature verification here:

Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature

• @Sensemann Have you tried to the steps outlined in the Sophos knowledge base article? Sophos's software embeds itself fairly deeply in the system and even shutting down the main programme might not deactivate all of its components.

I suggest you re-enable the code signature verification, try the steps I linked to, and reboot. If this doesn't work, then please deactivate the code signature verification again.

• Sensemann
    Sensemann
    Community Member

@AlexHoffmann thanks your link to the 1Password sophos knowledgebase article fixed the problem.
    Would be good to have this article linked on the general Support page: https://support.1password.com/invalid-code-signature-win/
    Jens

• AlexHoffmann
    edited May 2015

That's great news, Jens!
    I'm gonig to ask a colleague to improve the code signature verification article based on your suggestion.

This discussion has been closed.