1Password is now making ding sound when submitting password. How to stop sound.

Options
Anne
Anne
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for a couple of years and now there is a sound like a "bong" or loud "dong" made when the password is submitted to the site. I would like to know how to disable this. I am using Chrome with OS 10.10.4

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Anne,

I have to admit I'm a bit baffled here, because 1Password doesn't make any sounds. If that really happens every time you use the 1Password extension to fill your login information on each website, it must be triggering some other software to make a noise, but I don't know what or why. When you have 1Password fill your logins, do you click the 1Password extension/mini icon, or do you use one of the keyboard shortcuts?

Do you have other extensions installed in Chrome? If so, I wonder if one of those could be the culprit. You can try disabling all of your Chrome extensions except for 1Password, then restart Chrome and see if it still happens. If not, try re-enabling the extensions one at a time and then using the 1Password extension after each one to see which extensions is doing that.

If other extensions aren't causing that sound, you can try installing the 1Password extension in Safari or Firefox and seeing if the same thing happens in those browsers. That would at least help to figure out if this is system-wide, or specific to Chrome.

Please let us know how it all goes, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.