Dropbox Sync stopped

iButler
iButler
Community Member

Hello !

Today my dorpbox sync stopped and i dindt get any informatione about that. so i went back to preferences an choosed dropbox an the right vault. see http://take.ms/9lfGY but when i click on weiter / further nothing happens the window will be still open but no reaction from 1password app ?

thx for help

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: yosemite
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iButler,

Do you mean the "Weiter" button is non-responsive when you try to click it, so you aren't able to re-enable Dropbox sync? If so, try canceling out of the sync setup, if possible (if the "Abbrechen" button is also non-responsive, try quitting the 1Password app and re-open it). Then go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini.

After 1Password mini restarts, unlock 1Password and then try to re-enable Dropbox sync again. Is there any difference this time, or do you have the same problem? Let us know how it goes, thanks!

• iButler
    iButler
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

its still the same problem after restarting the mini. I deactivatetd. same problme. i deinstalled the extension. tryed to sync still the same. when i click on "weiter" still nothing happens. thx for help

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @iButler,

There's something that puzzles me a little on that screenshot you supplied. The path starts with /Volumes/Macintosh HD/.... When I look at that my first thought is you have a drive from an old Mac attached to your current Mac or maybe a clone and that this isn't the right location for your real Dropbox.

Now I could be wrong, but by default you'd expect the path to look a little like /Users/[username]/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain. For me my path has [username] replaced with LittleBobbyTables. So I'm wondering if 1Password isn't allow you to connect to this .agilekeychain due to possible permissions issues or similar as it isn't actually the Dropbox location you want?

I could be quite wrong, this is just a hunch but I'd be interested to understand better the path of where your Dropbox is located.

• iButler
    iButler
    Community Member

Hello littleboby !

yes thats right and ok i upgraded to an ssd and installed dorpbox new on this. but i solved the problem. i deleted the old vault created a new from (mac) and now everything is in thx

but thanks very much for your help !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iButler: Excellent! I'm glad you were able to get Dropbox to send your data over. You should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.