Using 1Password Chrome extension with multiple Chrome 'users'

Options
AAK23
AAK23
Community Member

Running 1Password 5.3.1 and Chrome extension 4.3.1.90. Chrome version is 43.0.2357.81 (64-bit).

I created a second user today in my Chrome browser, one for work and one for home use. While the original user has access to the 1Password Chrome extension, the new user browser has a red exclamation point icon over it. When I attempt to connect, it just sits there counting to infinity. It appears this has been an issue for years but I can't tell if a solution has been found for all of your users with multiple google accounts.

Thanks for your help,

-A

1Password Version: 5.3.1
Extension Version: 4.3.1.90.
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AAK23,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the extension in Chrome! From your description, it sounds like you have the old 1Password 3 extension installed in the new Chrome user. You'll need to install our newer extension which is compatible with 1Password 4 and 5.

First, making sure you're signed into the new Chrome user, go to Window > Extensions. Assuming you find the 1Password 3 extension there, you can delete it (or at least disable it). Then, to install the new extension:

Hopefully that takes care of the problem. Let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• AAK23
    AAK23
    Community Member
    Options

Drew_AG

You were absolutely correct. I was using the latest extension on my "home" Chrome account, but the new "work" Chrome account I added grabbed the older extension. Very strange. Thanks for your help.

-A

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AAK23,

On behalf of Drew, you're quite welcome! We're glad to hear you were able to get that fixed. :) Thanks for sharing the good news.

This discussion has been closed.