New Iphone, No Idea how to access user login info to sync account

jakeherzig
jakeherzig
Community Member

Good afternoon,
I crushed the screen of my iphone 5 and bought a new iphone 6.
All passwords and login infos are saved via the iphone 5.
After downloading the 1password app on the new iphone, I am unable to sync.
I have tried the these sync options with the following results:

• Icloud, Existing Data Not Found, Ensure iCloud is enabled within 1Password on your other device --- this is impossible because screen of the other device has been crushed
  • Dropbox, tried all drobbox accounts, each responds with this message: No .agilekeychain or .opvault found in Dropbox. Please make sure you are using the correct Dropbox account and syncing another computer or device with it.
  • Wifi Sync, Open... 1Password for Mac or Windows and select...- To my knowledge, my account is not connected to another computer

Any help is much appreciated. I am convinced this is a simple issue and could resolved quickly.

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jakeherzig,

I'm sorry to hear about your iPhone 5. By default your data is only stored on the device it is created on. It is not automatically synced. To sync your data to your new device you would have to first set up syncing on the old device, which may necessitate repairing that screen.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

• jakeherzig
    jakeherzig
    Community Member

Ben, I was hoping that was not the answer! However, I sincerely appreciate your help. It seems as though that is the only solution.
    Sincerely,
    Jake Herzig

• Wish I had a better answer for you Jake! Best of luck. :)

This discussion has been closed.