master password entering issue

David-S
David-S
Community Member

I have 1password on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad Air. When entering my master password on the iPad only, the login screen goes from number entering to letter entering after entering the first character ( a number). The iPhone login screen does not do this and the Mac doesn't do it either. The iPad is the iPad Air. The shift happens after I enter the first character which is a number as is the second. I have learned to enter the first character and change the screen back. Please advise.

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS latest
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• David-S
    David-S
    Community Member

The iPad is the iPad Air. The shift happens after I enter the first character which is a number as is the second. I have learned to enter the first character and change the screen back. Please advise.

• Hi @David-S,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience when entering your Master Password.

I tested this on my iPhone 6 (non-Plus) with iOS 8.3, and was unable to reproduce the issue. I noted you mentioned this problem seems to be unique to your iPad. I don't have access to an iPad Air, but I tested this on my iPad Mini and I could not reproduce it there either.

Could you please double check that you are running the latest versions of iOS and 1Password on the iPad?

Thanks!

Ben

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I have an iPad Air, and I just tried switching to the number keypad while entering a master password. I was able to enter as many numbers as I wanted without having the keyboard switch to letters. If my second character is a space, however, it does switch to letters. Could this be the source of the problem? Are there spaces between numbers in the masterpassword? If there is a space in any character string, iOS does switch back from numbers to letters automatically. That an operating system "feature" that I sometimes find to be annoying.

• Thanks for testing that out, hawkmoth! :) Excellent question. @David-S, could you please let us know if the problem occurs after entering a space?

• David-S
    David-S
    Community Member

It did not. However, the problem corrected itself several days ago. Something transparent to me must have both occurred and been fixed.

• Definitely an interesting case, as we haven't released any changes to 1Password for iOS since May 26th. Thanks for the update! :)

This discussion has been closed.