Move to Dropbox does not work on Windows 2008 R2 [Server OSes are not supported]

Options
ralph62
ralph62
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows
  • Running the latest version of 1Password on Windows 2008 R2
  • Running as Administrator.
  • In 1P, click on Preferences then Move to Dropbox.
  • I get a dialog saying "You do not appear to have Drop box installed. Would you like to download and install Dropbox now?"
  • If I click Ok, it takes me to the dropbox site to installed dropbox
  • Dropbox is already installed and running perfectly. My folders are syncing fine with dropbox.

Please advise.
Ralph

1Password Version: 4.5.0.574
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 2008 R2 SP1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @Ralph62,

We don't support server OSes, 1Password for Windows is designed for consumer versions of Windows OS only.

Was Dropbox installed to the standard location or did you customize it to move it to other locations?

The Move To Dropbox function just does a simple function of moving the data folder to your Dropbox folder and restart 1Password to read that vault.

Here's what you can do:

1. Terminate 1Password by going to the File Menu > Exit
    2. Locate your 1Password data folder in Documents > 1Password. By default, it is named 1Password.agilekeychain.
    3. Move this to your Dropbox > Apps > 1Password folder, you'll need to create the Apps > 1Password folders if you don't have it already.
    4. Now, open 1Password, it may act as if it cannot find your data, select the existing data option and point it to your 1Password.agilekeychain folder in Dropbox.

You should be all set. Please test the sync afterward to make sure everything is working as expected.

• ralph62
    ralph62
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. All good.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ralph62,

You're welcome!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ralph62,

Just an update, it looks like Dropbox has changed something that breaks 1Password's ability to detect its presence. We will investigate for a fix.

This discussion has been closed.