iOS 8.3 upgrade lost 1Password app

Options
rapple
rapple
Community Member

Hi
I was running iOS 7 on an iPhone 4s. Due to synching problems. I did a manual backup through iTunes and then I did a reset to factory settings and upgraded to iOS 8.3 followed by a restore of my backup through iTunes.

When all was done I was missing 1Password on my phone. I was able to install 3.7.2 from the app store previous purchases, but I have since removed all copies of 1Password from my phone both from my phone and also through iTunes on my phone. In all situations the only 1 passwords apps available to download from the app store on my phone in my purchases area are 1Password 3.7.2 and 1Password 5.4.2. The 5.4.2 version has a greyed out ( unavailable ) download button and the 3.7.2 version can be downloaded and installed, but will not reconnect to my dropbox for syncing.

I am able to find 1Password 4.5.3 in iTunes in my apps section. If I drag the version 4.5.3 app to my iPhone in iTunes, it will install it on the next sync and iTunes says that it is installed on my iPhone summary. However, when I go to my iPhone it cannot be found on the device. If i go to the iPhone search the only thing it brings up are my emails about 1password and 1password in the app store, but it is version 5. The version 4 that iTunes says is installed cannot be found anywhere on the device.

I am really missing 1Password on my iPhone. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Rick

PS everything is still functioning normally on my iPad and Computers

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rapple,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check and be sure restrictions are not enabled on your device?

You can read about that here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304

Thanks!

Ben

• rapple
    rapple
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Restrictions are on as I am required to have a passcode lock on my phone due to work email access. However, I do have access to the iTunes store as well as installing and deleting apps. Here are some screen shots.
    Rick

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If you have a restriction that prevents anyone under age 17 from downloading age restricted applications, you won't be able to get 1Password because it has a built-in web browser, and all of those have this restriction. Can you shut that off temporarily?

• Ben
    Options

As hawkmoth mentioned Apple requires us to list our app as being rated for "17+" due to the built-in web browser. You would need to have age restrictions disabled in order to utilize 1Password.

Thanks!

• rapple
    rapple
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Problem Solved. Thanks for the help, as soon as I allowed the 17+ apps then 1Password became visible on the iPhone. Thanks for the help and thanks for the great software! This is one app I wouldn't want live without!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @rapple! Glad to hear that worked out. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

This discussion has been closed.