Chrome extension and one-time password

Options

I've read a few posts on this, but it simply does not work for me. I must be missing something, and if it is the case please forgive my oversight (and duplicate post).
I have Chrome running on Windows 8. I have switched from Authy to 1Password for one-time password generation. I have successfully managed to set it up and it is working in the iOS application and the Windows application.

Should the 1Password Chrome extension have some way in which to find the one-time password quickly, or do I have to launch the iOS/Windows app to get the code? I have seen posts whereby you are supposed to right-click on the OTP field and find the code from there, but my right click->1Password->Fill Login does not show the OTP.

1Password Version: 4.5
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: Windows 8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• alanper
    alanper
    Community Member
    Options

UPDATE:
    After some more searching I found that I was using an older version of the Chrome extension (I thought Chrome updated the extensions automatically?). Now that I have the latest extension I see where to retrieve the OTP.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alanper,

We're always happy when a query gets resolved, I'm just sorry we didn't get to your post in time to be of any use to you though.

I'm not as good when it comes to Windows but at least with the Mac side, if you were indeed running the v3 branch of the extension then yes, it wouldn't update. 1Password 3 for Mac used a very different extension compared to 1Password 4/5 and they're incompatible. So we probably branched the extension off to avoid people having their browser automatically update to an incompatible version. Now that was Mac though, as I say, I don't know the history of 1Password for Windows as well. Hopefully though you should find it now automatically updates if you're now running the 4.3.1 extension :smile:

This discussion has been closed.