Too much motion slows things down

Options
AJACs
AJACs
Community Member

i love love love the new safari extension, however all that delightful motion of the lock up and down makes every login a bit annoying. I love the Touch ID aspect but I watch the lock fly up, the request to touch come up, the lock fly down, then the lock screen split open. Wow, that's a whole lot of sliding and a waste of time, especially because I have chosen to disable Apple keychain passwords preferring the TouchID security of 1Password.

Could we have a little less delight and a bunch more speed?

Thanks!
iPhone 5[s] here.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @AJACs,

The animations that happen in 1Password are covering things that are happening in the background, such as decryption. If we remove the animation, the app will simply appear frozen.

That said, we are always working to improve the performance of 1Password. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Ben

• AJACs
    AJACs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben,

I imagine that the decryption probably doesn't start until you actually unlock with the Touch ID, so if there is a way to squeeze out a little more speed at the invocation of the Safari extension that would be appreciated.

In the normal app, it really doesn't matter, but with the extension every little bit shaved off helps.

• Ben
    Options

Fair enough. :) I've shared your thoughts with our development team. We appreciate the suggestions!

This discussion has been closed.