Sharing license between computers

shirahannah
shirahannah
Community Member

How do I share my 1Password for mac version with my trial version from aglebits on my IMac?

1Password Version: 1 password 5
Extension Version: 5.3.1
OS Version: OSX 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shirahannah,

If you're just wishing to apply your licence to another copy of 1Password then probably the easiest way to do so is via the email you were originally sent. Now if you haven't kept it that's not an issue, you can always request another copy of the email by visiting our How do I add my license to 1Password? page which will also show you what to expect.

Now if you can't access your email on the second machine then there is another option. I see you mention that you're syncing via Dropbox. If your two copies of 1Password for Mac are already syncing then open 1Password on your iMac and look in the category titled Software Licences. You should hopefully already have an item for 1Password from when you registered your licence on the other Mac (1Password should have added it at the time). What you would do is copy the attachment that ends in .onepassword-license to your Downloads folder and then double click on the file. 1Password should be activated and it should register the file.

If you don't see this Software Licence item then re-applying your licence on your first Mac should cause the item to be added allowing you to then proceed with the second suggestion. If all of that fails do please let us know and we'll devise another plan to get this resolved :smile:

This discussion has been closed.