Multiple vaults - Not connected to primary vault

Options
ScottSwezey
ScottSwezey
Community Member

I'd like to have multiple vaults, which do not have their master password stored in my primary vault.

As it stands now, adding an additional vault is easy, but I must open the app with the primary vault, unlock with the primary vaults password, and then switch to the additional vault. I'd really like the additional vault to require it's password be typed in... but can't sort out how to do that. Is it possible? Is there a place to submit feature requests?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @ScottSwezey,

Thanks for posting your request here. In 1Password for Mac, there is not currently a way to keep secondary vaults from being unlocked with the Primary vault's Master Password. 1Password for Windows does work that way, though, due to differences in the OS. This is one we have received many requests for, and we thank you for adding your voice. We'll take this into consideration as we move forward. :)

In the meantime, this may be helpful: if you switch vaults from the lock screen and unlock only a secondary vault with its Master Password, the primary vault and all other secondary vaults will remain locked until you unlock them. I hope this helps! :)

ref: OPM-2227

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ScottSwezey,

Good question! If you open 1Password while it's locked, it will always ask for the master password for your Primary vault. However, you can switch vaults on the lock screen and unlock only a secondary vault with the secondary vault’s master password (all other vaults will remain locked).

To switch vaults, select 1Password > Switch to Vault (or in 1Password mini, click the 1Password icon/image on the lock screen to select a secondary vault). To make it a bit easier, you can use a keyboard shortcut to switch vaults on the lock screen (⌘1, ⌘2, ⌘3, and so on).

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.