Save the password in 1Password and it will disappear [Resolved later in a clean restore]

Options
TequilaVic
TequilaVic
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Today I met a very troublesome problem, 1password inside some of the account number and password had disappeared, leaving only one URL, which is really a problem I can not understand how this can happen. But thank God, since the last time there had been a database corruption causes I can not save the new account password from time to time in the future I will have their own additional backup copy of the database, so that I can avoid the loss of more passwords, I have made on this issue e-mail feedback, and I am here to remind more users, we must from time to time to manually back up a database, thus avoiding damage to the database somehow ......

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TequilaVic: Hm, very strange. It sounds like maybe a permissions issue is preventing 1Password from saving changes to the database. Is that what you're seeing?

Just to clarify, 1Password automatically saves backups of your vault periodically (provided that it isn't being prevented from writing those to the filesystem as well), so you may be able to restore from a recent backup if your vault is damaged. But frankly I would be more concerned about what's happening to the data on disk in the first place.

Thanks for bringing this up. Backups are indeed very important (especially off-site), and none of us is more than a single failure away from disaster without them. :dizzy:

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I am the only one in use, so it should not be a question of powers.
    Several of my password and account disappeared, leaving only a URL in it. Way to be backed up over a single, my country can not connect dropbox, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @TequilaVic,

I am the only one in use, so it should not be a question of powers.

It's not about how many users, permissions can be misconfigured even if there is only one user. Even so, Windows have several accounts configured that is not visible to regular users. For an example, a folder can be assigned to one of Windows services that you cannot access, such as your Windows system files. This is for security reasons and to prevent malware from infecting these files with your permissions.

Several of my password and account disappeared, leaving only a URL in it.

You said you can't sync via Dropbox due to your country, does that mean you're using something else? If yes, please tell us what devices you're syncing with and how are you syncing the data, is it a local sync tool you're using or Wi-Fi?.

it makes me feel uncomfortable.

We understand and we want to fix this for you as soon as possible. It is possible something is wrong with the sync on your computer. We have a lot of users using 1Password daily and we have not seen any data-loss issues in 1Password (we'd shipped a critical update within hours or days to fix any such issues like this) but we have seen some misconfigured sync issues where incomplete or a bad sync can render the data damaged.

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT
    You reminded me, in front of my account password lost one day, I do by the way wifi sync my iphone, maybe this is what you said data corruption issue.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @TequilaVic,

Can you give me more details about the iPhone; what model, iOS version, 1Password version and so on. The iPhone drives the Wi-Fi sync, it tells the Windows application what to pull and push.

Is everything okay on your iPhone?

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT iphone5s ios8.1.2 1password is 5.4.2 win7 64
    My iphone is normal, no problem.

• MikeT
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @TequilaVic,

That's what I've been using a while, it didn't cause any problem. Let's see if we can find something in the diagnostics to explain the problem. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report for both the PC and iPhone. Before emailing both reports, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so we can connect them to the same support ticket.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the emails.

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT In the late data damage that night I sent a number of data to you via 1pssword tips, and left my mailbox, I do not know whether that is a report of the,. The damaged data has been covered by my backup data, and it is a bit of a bad...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TequilaVic: The most recent email I see from the address you've registered with on the forums was 8 months ago. If you haven't already, be sure to send a diagnostics report as MikeT suggested so we can help you get this sorted out. Thanks is advance! :)

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I try to sync via wifi way iphone, hoping to reproduce the situation, but without success. 1password options have Chinese language there appeared, so I feel very strange. But when I chose English, Chinese options disappeared, it also happened to me before I found my database corruption.

• MikeT
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @TequilaVic,

Wait, do you mean you saw Chinese translation in the Languages menu of 1Password? That should not be showing up, we don't currently support it as our UI is not ready for it.

Did you use a beta version of 1Password in the past?

Can you tell me if you sent us the diagnostic report? We need to see both reports to understand what's going on. I don't see anything from you in our email support system. The emails should be sent to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Is the email address you sent from the same one in your forum profile? If not, can you update your profile with the updated email address and we'll check again.

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT
    I did not use the test version, but it did appear the option of the Chinese, but then disappeared, so I feel very strange.

I did not change the mailbox, when the submission of a certain data or when the message is to open a 1paaword web page, and then I left the same mailbox.

• Hi @TequilaVic,

Can you please re-send the diagnostics report to support+windows@agilebits.com?
    We've searched our system for a message for you but sadly didn't find anything.

Thanks.

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AlexHoffmann I used to cover the damaged database backup of the database, and now I do not have a diagnostic report. I'm sorry ....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TequilaVic: No need to apologize! Were you able to restore from the backup successfully then? Be sure to let us know! :)

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Yes, then I use my backup database recovery success.

• Thanks for letting us know!

Did you experience the issue again since restoring from the backup?

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffmann Hello, backup and recovery from later temporarily not encountered this problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TequilaVic: Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you were able to restore successfully! :)

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty thankyou~

• You're very welcome.

This discussion has been closed.