Items only in Chrome Extension

This discussion was created from comments split from: browser extension and desktop app not synced.

Comments

• signifymarketing
    signifymarketing
    Community Member

What is the fix for Chrome? I have new logins in my Chrome browser extension that is not syncing with my desktop app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@signifymarketing: In the case of Chrome you would need to back up its data instead before proceeding: ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome

In cases where the 1Password.agilekeychain is missing(?!), AgileBits of course doesn't have your 1Password data, but if you're using Dropbox you may be able to use their web interface to restore it by showing deleted files and then right-clicking the folder to restore it:

Keep in mind that Dropbox syncs not only creation and editing of files, but also deletion. Without your 1Password.agilekeychain vault database intact, you run the risk of having emptiness sync back to the extension if you create a new (and, therefore, empty) vault, so let's see if we can find out where it went in the first place and recover it if possible. Please let me know what you find!

• signifymarketing
    signifymarketing
    Community Member

The folder is not missing in Dropbox. It is there and in 1Password the dropbox folder is linked

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

Hi @signifymarketing,

I've split your posts from the other thread as based on that image you're running 1Password for Windows. The thread you posted in was 1Password 3 for Mac, a legacy version for the Mac platform. The platforms are different so we need to make sure what we suggest is applicable for your setup.

Can we start with the following information please.

1. Which version of 1Password are running?
    2. Which version of the 1Password extension is installed

With that we'll hopefully have a better idea of the correct steps for you.

• Hi @signifymarketing,

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you have the older 1Password 1.x for Windows running while using 1Password extension 4.x in Chrome. They're not compatible and won't sync.

We recommend that you update to 1Password 4 to keep syncing with 1Password extension in Chrome. Could you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and we'll help you get this set up correctly.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.