Upgrading from 3 to 5 across macs - sync retrieves no items

Options
springthistle
springthistle
Community Member

I have 1password 3 running on my laptop.
I bought a new laptop and installed 1password 5.
It looks at the dropbox file, syncs, and finds no items.
Help!

1Password Version: 3 and 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.7 and 10.10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@springthistle I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• springthistle
    springthistle
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, AGMarshall. Reports generated. Email sent!

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @springthistle, I haven't seen the report come in yet. Did you get a response from our auto-responder? If so, can you please reply here what the reference number (example: #ZSA-19218-155) is shown in the subject line of the auto-responder?

• springthistle
    springthistle
    Community Member
    Options

I did not get a response from the auto responder, though I emailed it 23 minutes ago. How long does it usually take?

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@springthistle Well, that is the million dollar question, isn't it? :chuffed: Depends on how quickly our system is responding. Apparently there is a delay right now. Assuming you put a link to this forum conversation in the email, we will be able to connect the dots once we do receive it. If you don't hear from us by sometime tomorrow morning, do you mind giving us a shout via this forum post?

• springthistle
    springthistle
    Community Member
    Options

AGMarshall - auto-reply received! [#XHQ-24822-927]

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @springthistle,

I believe we had a minor technical glitch but that somebody should be responding now via email. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it :smile:

ref: XHQ-24822-927

• springthistle
    springthistle
    Community Member
    Options

I got an answer to the ticket, and the problem is solved. I really appreciate the speedy response from you guys. Thank you!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @springthistle,

That's great! On behalf of the team, you're welcome. We're glad you've got 1Password back up and running with Dropbox sync.

Sounds like everything is sorted now, but you'll know where to find us if there's anything else we can do for you. We hope you enjoy your weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.