Login detail dialog - window size [window size controls don't behave as expected]

Options
swenak
swenak
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

when I try to change window with detail of login, it not work as is standard in Windows. When I changing window size from top, it not change size, window is only moved down, from bottom to top, it sometimes not change window size, sometime yes.

When I select text in notes field from top to bottom, whole window size is changed.

It is feature, or bug?

Thanks

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @swenak,

We're using standard Windows controls, so it should behave as expected. One thing is that there are minimal size constraints in place to prevent the window from getting too small and the same in place for the item editor.

I did notice the window as a whole continues to move down when you resize from the top. I'll check with our team to see if this is normal. It should behave the same way as going upward, it should stop once it hits the minimal size constraint.

As for the notes, that's normal to allow you to resize your note field, you can drag up and down to resize it. This is as long as you're dragging an empty space in the note field and not the selected text.

• swenak
    swenak
    Community Member
    Options

I mean, that this is not standard for Windows apps. Bottom to top window is not moved, top to bottom is moved.

https://youtu.be/uMxod2y6dWs

About resizing notes field, it is not standard too.

• Hi @swenak,

Thanks for sending this in. We've brought this to the attention of our developers.
    We will try to make 1Password's windows behave just like every other window in Windows.

That being said, the minimum size contraints will remain in place, to make sure none of the windows becomes too small to use.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.