Family licence question

MDA
MDA
Community Member

I have purchased a family licence for Mac & Windows. Do my family members use the same link to download 1Password and the same licence key to activate it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Yes. They would create their own master passwords for their vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MDA: That's correct. Your 1Password Mac + Windows bundle entitles you and up to 5 other family members in the same household to use 1Password on all of your PCs an Macs. And you only share/sync 1Password data between devices and/or family members if you choose to -- it's entirely optional.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions! :)

• mverrilli
    mverrilli
    Community Member

I want to use my mom's family account (but not share anything - just share the cost). How do I add her license to my computer?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@mverrilli - If you are in the same household as your mother, her license would cover up to six family members. You haven't said what version she has, but if it's version 4 or 5, you would apply the same license file she has to your installation. She should have received an email with instructions for adding the license. Just follow those instructions on your installation.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mverrilli: Indeed, I included a bit more detail in my reply to your other post, so be sure to read that. But ultimately if it's your mother's license she will be the one with the details you're really after. Cheers! ;)

This discussion has been closed.