1PasswordAnywhere is not showing the custom fields [Confirmed, known issue]

Options
tico2
tico2
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi there.

I'm running 1passwordanywhere via dropbox and using either Chrome 43 or Firefox 38. Some password fields are not displayed in 1passwordanywhere. Here's how I replicated it:

1. Create a new login using the iOS app.
  2. Create a suitable username and generate a password, and if you're feeling fancy add a web address
  3. Add a new section called 'security questions'
  4. Add 3 password fields to this section eg:
    Father's middle name. City of first job. City you first met your partner.
  5. Have the app auto-generate passwords for each
  6. save your newly created login and sync.

Issue:
When viewing the login via dropbox.com, I see the generated password, and the three questions under the Security Questions section. I however cannot see the three passwords. They display fine in the app.

1Password Version: ios 5.4.2 (pro)
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
KB Article: 1passwordanywhere

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tico2 I'm afraid 1PasswordAnywhere is not custom-field-aware. This is known problem.

• tico2
    tico2
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch Cheers. Any known plans to address the problem?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tico2 I want to say "yes" but honestly, we're probably phasing out 1PasswordAnywhere.

• tico2
    tico2
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch I appreciate I'm a small voice in a pool of users, but I urge you not to. I'm not allowed to install software at work so 1PasswordAnywhere is the only useful way to access my passwords here. It's either that or trying to manually copy 30char strings from my iPhone screen.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tico2 I hear you, and will be passing your concerns higher up. Thanks!

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    Options

I urge you not to phase it out as well. This is an essential feature.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @HenryY,

Thanks, we don't plan to kill the feature, we are planning to phase out the 1PasswordAnywhere in its current form. In other words, we need to rebuild and modernize 1PasswordAnywhere to handle the upcoming opvault format and future encryption changes. Unfortunately, crypto via browsers are still unstable to use but most companies are catching up quickly, especially as W3 just recommended WebCrypto APIs for standardization. Even the work being done on WebAssembly might help us.

This discussion has been closed.