My logins from my Mac are nor syncing with my Android/Kindle.

Options
deeplyloved
deeplyloved
Community Member

I have 1Password ver. 5.3.2, Premium on my Mac using Yosemite....all is good there. Am able to sync with my IPad not with Kindle. I understand that there is no wi-fo syncing between 1password to Android/Kindle devices at this time. If so, how do I get my logins all on my Kindle? I do have 1password Keychain and 1 Password on my dropbos; but my dropbox on Kindle and Password on Kindle do not seem to be able to sync/communicate with each other. Thanks ahead of time for any recommended solution!

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Yosemite 10.10.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @deeplyloved. Thanks for getting in touch with us. :)

While we have had users who were able to install and successfully run 1Password 4 for Android on Kindle devices, we don't officially support Fire OS, and therefore cannot guarantee 1Password compatibility on Kindle devices.

That said, there may be something we can do to get things sorted out here. What version of 1Password are you currently using on your Kindle?

• deeplyloved
    deeplyloved
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri:

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using 1Password 4.2.1 on my Kindle Fire HDX.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, @deeplyloved. Let's see what we have here.

You mentioned that 1Password doesn't seem able to locate your vault in Dropbox. What exactly happens when you choose 'Sync using Dropbox'? Does Dropbox open up on your device at all? If not, does a browser open up to dropbox.com?

Also, can you verify that your data is intact in Dropbox using 1PasswordAnywhere. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser. Locate the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and open the 1Password.html file you find inside. After logging in with your master password, do you see all of your data in Dropbox?

Let me know what you find out! Thanks again!

• deeplyloved
    deeplyloved
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi Peri:

This is a report that was generated during the process of signing in to Dropbox on my Kindle, perhaps it provides some useful information. Thx.

removed by AgileBits

• peri
    Options

Hey @deeplyloved. Thanks for the details. I see the issue now.

It looks like a critical file (encryptionKeys.js) is missing from your vault. We'll need to recreate this file in Dropbox using another device. Are you syncing with another device (Mac, Windows, or iOS)? If so, please let me know what OS it runs and what version of 1Password it has installed.

Also, please verify that you have not exceeded your storage limit in Dropbox.

Cheers!

• deeplyloved
    deeplyloved
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

I have plenty of Dropbox space on my Kindle.

My IPad is syncing properly using IOS 8.3 with 1Password 5.4.2.

• peri
    Options

Perfect!

The easiest way to resolve this error is to change your master password on your iOS device. This will recreate the missing encryptionKeys.js file that is preventing sync from continuing.

To change your master password on your iOS device, open 1Password and go into Settings > Security > Change master password. Once you have completed the change, wait a moment for sync to complete. Launch 1Password on Android and try sync again. This time sync should work, and you can go ahead and change the master password back if you like!

Let me know how this goes! :)

• deeplyloved
    deeplyloved
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi Peri:

I did as was suggested ie., change master PW according to instruction.

My Kindle and Nexus 7 (Android) are not syncing. This is the recently sent diagnostic report:

removed by AgileBits

Thank you!!

• peri
    Options

Hey @deeplyloved. Sorry to hear that didn't work. Changing the master password recreates the encryptionKeys.js file in your vault, so it sounds like there may be a deeper sync issue going on here.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your iOS and Android devices:

--iOS--
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

--Android--
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.