I need a key sent to me instead of manually adding it in.

Options
greensubmariner
greensubmariner
Community Member

License problem... how to add license on Mac with file instead of key

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

There should be a clickable link in the email sent to you. I understand that clicking this link goes through a few steps that end with the license getting installed.

Unless I misunderstood you, that's all that is needed.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

@greensubmariner - If you don't have the email from AgileBits confirming your license, you can have that information resent by entering the email address you used to buy it on this page.

If, by chance, you bought your license from Apple's Mac App Store, you license will be tied to your AppleID. In that case, there is nothing for you to add.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @greensubmariner,

If you bought a license for 1Password 4 or 5 for Mac, then the answers from danco and hawkmoth are spot-on.

However, I searched our system for the email address associated with your forum account, and I was only able to find a license for 1Password 3 for Mac, but not version 4 or 5. If you think you may have purchased an upgrade to version 4/5 from the AgileBits Store under a different email address, you can have your license resent to you from the "I've lost my license" section of this site.

Or is it possible you purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store? In that case, we wouldn't have that information in our own system, but you can simply reinstall the Mac App Store version of 1Password. Just launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase, and reinstall 1Password from the Purchases section.

If you never upgraded your 1Password 3 license to a 1Password 4/5 license and would like to do so, you can enter your version 3 license code on this site to see your upgrade discount & options. Once you upgrade, you'll receive an email with information about adding your license file to 1Password.

Hopefully this helps, but let us know if you have more questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.