Rich Icon shows up in item details but not in item list [Fixed in 1Password 4.5.0.578]

Options
khad
khad
1Password Alumni
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: Rich icons.

Comments

• kiahuna
    kiahuna
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hello. There seems to be some issue with certain sites and icons. An icon is saved and is visible when clicking on the site in 1Password Windows, but the site in the list still shows the default lock icon. I have successfully changed the icon in certain sites, but some will not change.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for reporting this, @kiahuna. I moved your post to the Windows category on our forum, so we can better assist you. :)

I notice that we don't actually have an icon for that site on our Rich Icons server, so I think that 1Password for Windows is downloading the favicon itself. I wonder if this is common to all items where the favicon is downloaded.

Do you have an example of another site where this is happening for you? Providing the URL would be the easiest way for us to check.

• kiahuna
    kiahuna
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response @khad.

The same thing happened with www.misfit.com but I was finally able to get the icon changed by uploading one. I'll check to see if there are others.

• MikeT
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @Kiahuna,

We are seeing some issues with our Rich Icons service and we'll get it fixed. 1Password for Windows does have a fallback for when the Rich Icons service is down or having issues, it will scrap the site to grab its favicon. If that site doesn't have one, you have the option of adding your own custom icon to the site if you want.

If it grabs the favicon instead of Rich Icons, it might not fit in the item list, which is why you can see it in the item itself but not in the list. We are looking at improvements for this area in the future.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kiahuna hawaiipacifichealth.org is giving us a 192x192 icon which we couldn't resize. I have fixed this problem in version 4.5.0.BETA-578. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.