Program work with AOL? [1Password can fill on the aol.com but AOL browser is not supported]

Options
bginbc
bginbc
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am new to 1Password--and enjoying it. It seems to work for most programs, but for the life of me, I can't get it to work with AOL. Is this a problem? Is there a way I can get it to work with AOL? Please advise. Thanks, Blaine

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @bginbc,

This is a public support forum, be sure not to include any personal information here. I've edited your post already to remove your information.

As for AOL, do you mean the aol.com site or the AOL dial-up client?

• bginbc
    bginbc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Mike, for doing the above. I mean: The aol.com site. For some reason, I still use aol. (Maybe because my email address is so established.) I want to be able to use 1Password when going to that site.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @bginbc,

I can't get it to fill either if I use the 1Password extension to save the data. I've reported it to our extension team to investigate.

In the meantime, it does work if you create the Login manually. Here's how:

1. Open the main 1Password program
    2. Click on the New Item on the toolbar and select Login
    3. Enter https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp for the URL and enter your AOL credentials
    4. Once you save it, see if this manual Login item will then work for you.

If it does, delete the previous Login and you should be all set to go.

• bginbc
    bginbc
    Community Member
    Options

bummer, doesn't seem to work...thanks for reporting this to your extension team...best, blaine

• MikeT
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @bginbc,

Strange, it did for me. Can you tell me which browser and OS you're using? It might be specific to the browser.

Also, can you confirm the version of 1Password you have installed along with the extension version number installed in your browser.

• bginbc
    bginbc
    Community Member
    Options

When on AOL, I am using the AOL browser... apparently it is this?
    The AOL Desktop Software 9.7.4 gives you the fastest, most reliable, and safest browsing experience yet. In addition to making your browsing experience faster and more responsive, we've added a browser-based spell check feature to make sure all your posts, comments, and tweets look as good as you do. We hope you enjoy the new and improved browsing experience in AOL Desktop Software 9.7.4!
    but it may also be Internet Explorer?....
    it just automatically loads when you use AOL.

on vesion of 1Password, it is: Version 4.5.0.575 for Windows

on extension version instealled in your browser, do you mean?
    Revision 4343.2039 for AOL?

thanks,
    blaine

• LauraR
    Options

There is no 1Password extension for the AOL desktop software. You will need to use the standard browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox if you want to use the 1Password extension to fill Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities directly within webpages. You can instead copy/paste from the 1Password main app.

• bginbc
    bginbc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Laura R ... what you say is apparently the case. I can get into AOL when use Chrome, but can't get into it when using AOL directly. And that is what I want to be able to do; i.e., use 1Password for signing-in AOL directly. Can you fine folks please work to see if that can be done? It would be fantastic if that was the case. Much obliged (And to you, too, Mike.)

• MikeT
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @bginbc,

On behalf of the team, you're welcome.

I installed AOL Desktop but did not see any option to install third party extensions or add-ons. Without AOL adding this support to allow other companies to install the extension into AOL's browser, there isn't any way for us to integrate with AOL.

• bginbc
    bginbc
    Community Member
    Options

Bummer, but thanks for trying for me. Maybe something 1Password could do; i.e., contact AOL to making this doable? Best,Blaine ... PS. Happy Fourth ... and Fifth, too!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @bginbc,

From our experiences, companies rather hear from their customers requesting this. At least they know they have customers that would want to use it. If they hear from us, it doesn't tell them anything and they might think of something else for our motive.

Happy ID4 to you as well!

This discussion has been closed.