Can I save security questions (of multiple accounts) and multiple passwords to single login?

Options
Shabahat Shakeel
Shabahat Shakeel
Community Member

Hello experts!

I have recently installed 1password app to my iphone and looking to find a way to store security questions/answers of different account. Is this possible with 1password? I don't see anyway apart from putting that information in notes and not sure if it is safe.

Second question I have is sometime we have multiple passwords for single account, e.g. a bank account that have login password and there may be different verfied by VISA password when doing transactions globally. Is there a way to save more than one password for each account? Again I don't see any way to store these passwords apart from notes.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @Shabahat Shakeel ,

Sure, you can add security questions. Just add new fields. This screenshot shows how it looks:

The screenshot is from 1Password for OS X, but the process is essentially the same. Edit the item, add a new Section, title it, and then add the fields and their labels. Set the field type to Text.

Regarding additional passwords, add a new field, and set the type to Password (using the type of Password means the text will be concealed by default).

• Shabahat Shakeel
    Shabahat Shakeel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions! I don't see "add new field" option in ios app. I have the latest version of this app which I downloaded yesterday.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options

@Shabahat Shakeel ,

This requires the Pro (in app purchase) version. You apparently have the free version. See Pro Features.

• Shabahat Shakeel
    Shabahat Shakeel
    Community Member
    Options

Please the field which I have available in ios app.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Shabahat Shakeel ,

I think we cross-posted. See my reply above.

• Shabahat Shakeel
    Shabahat Shakeel
    Community Member
    Options

oh ok...go it.
    Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of @MrC you are very welcome. Thanks for the assist, MrC!

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• Shabahat Shakeel
    Shabahat Shakeel
    Community Member
    Options

Hello All,
    I know have the pro version of 1password ios app but still I am not very clear on how to save security questions to it. Can you please explain the procedure via ios app snapshots?
    I added new action, name it Security Questions but after that I am not very clear. Please help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Shabahat,

There's not really a "right" way to save security questions & answers in 1Password. So currently, whatever way works best for you is fine. In your original post, you mentioned putting them in the notes section of a Login item, and you can certainly do it that way if you want to (it's probably the easiest way to include add information to the item).

Some people like to add custom fields for their security questions and answers. In his first response, MrC included a screenshot of an example of that. Here's another example:

That's from the Mac version though, and it sounds like you're having trouble figuring how to add new fields to items on your iPhone. As long as you've unlocked the Pro Features, it should be fairly easy:

• Edit one of your Login items in 1Password on your iPhone.
    • Scroll down and tap Add new section, then tap Add new field.
    • Choose the field type - you'll likely want Text for the questions, and either Text or Password for the answers (if you choose Password as the field type, the field contents will be concealed with black dots, just like the regular password field of an item).
    • Edit the field labels if you want, and enter your text (i.e. the question or answer) in the fields.
    • When you're finished, remember to tap Done to save the changes.

I don't have screenshots of that, so hopefully my above steps are clear enough to explain how to do that. But if you're still having trouble and need some screenshots, please let us know and we can make some for you. Thanks!

• Shabahat Shakeel
    Shabahat Shakeel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew for explanation! I got it now... :)
    And I did have pro features unlocked as well.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Drew was able to get you pointed in the right direction. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.