Rich Icons vs Favicons vs. Custom Icons: Only the Custom icons are sync'ed

Options
Vladi928
Vladi928
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I found a beautiful icons for many items (windows 8.1), but when I did synchronize with iphone, they have not moved to iPhone (6 Plus, IOS 8.3). What is the reason?

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

@Vladi928 - I'm sorry that your icons are not moving across to your iPhone. You say you are syncing using iCloud however this is not possible between 1Password on your Windows PC and 1Password on your iPhone. iCloud sync only works with Apple devices. Did you mean that you are using Dropbox? To check, in 1Password on iPhone, go to Settings > Sync - what do you see to the right of Sync Service? Thanks!

• Vladi928
    Vladi928
    Community Member
    Options

Synchronization is performed via the iCloud. It must carry through Dropbox?

• LauraR
    Options

@Vladi928 - thanks for the screenshot. This shows that you are currently syncing 1Password on your iPhone using WiFi. The WiFi sync needs to be manually initiated. We have a great guide here.

• Vladi928
    Vladi928
    Community Member
    Options

You're right. Synchronization occurs through WiFi, but I define everything on the computer. In the program I enter the code, and then automatically syncs iPhone. The question remains: why is not synchronized icons?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Vladi928,

You're saying your custom icons aren't being sync'ed between the Windows and iOS device? The only icons that are not sync'ed are the Rich Icons, the main reason is that we will simply re-download it on each device that will be customized to fit the app.

• Vladi928
    Vladi928
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MikeT
    I use Download Rich Icons (Windows) and Show Rich Icons (iOS). The problem is that after synchronization icons may be different or not transmitted, I do not understand how I can fix it.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Vladi928,

The Rich Icons are served from our image server, the Windows and iOS app will download the correct images from our server and store it in the local device's cache. That means the Rich Icons are not stored in your data file nor are they transmitted via Wi-Fi Sync.

Can you give us more information as to what's wrong with the icons? There isn't anything you can do to fix it, the fixes would have to be done on our side.

• Vladi928
    Vladi928
    Community Member
    Options

Examples.
    Compare icons in iOS and Windows: Addons.mozilla.org (Pic_01, Pic_02), IFTTT (Pic_03, Pic_04), KVNForALL (Pic_05, Pic_06)

• MikeT
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @Vladi928,

Thanks for showing the problems. It looks like we don't have an icon for KVNForAll.info (my family loves KVN) hosted on our image service. The reason you see the small icon is because the Windows program can fall back to downloading a favicon, something that no other 1Password apps does yet.

I am not yet sure why some of the favicons doesn't show up in the bigger details view. I'll file a bug report to investigate that.

We have a fix coming in the next stable update that will fix some of the favicon issues. It is in the latest beta update if you want to try it.

• Vladi928
    Vladi928
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much for your support

• MikeT
    Options

No problem. I've just talked to our team about the issue. The issue has to do with the quality of the icon, if we try to upscale the small 16x16 size icons to 32x32 in the bigger details view, it looks really ugly and framing isn't an option at the moment.

We'll figure this out in the future. For now, expect some of your items to have the generic icon in the details view while showing the smaller icons in the list.

This discussion has been closed.