icloud won't sync

Options
jeffchang430
jeffchang430
Community Member

my daughter deleted my 1password app on my iphone 5s, i reinstalled, but it won't sync

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

We do need some more information, please, in order to be able to help. Please tell us:

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeffchang430 ,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password! As Stephen says, we'll need a bit more detail here to be able to help you out.

In addition to those version numbers (for 1Password and your operating systems on all devices that currently run 1Password), it would be really helpful to know what "it won't sync" means precisely:

• Are you seeing an error message?
    • Is 1Password unable to find existing data where you thought it should be?

Once we know where things are getting tangled up, we'll be better able to advise you. :)

• jeffchang430
    jeffchang430
    Community Member
    Options

I went through all the steps to re-sync my vault through icloud un-successfully, i will try to delete all my 1password data from icloud and start clean per your website recommandation. If I do that, will I loose all the password i created in the vault previously?

• jeffchang430
    jeffchang430
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I appreciate it if one of you can call me at [phone number removed by admin] to walk me through it because I really don't wanna lose all my passwords. they are very very important. Thanks! Jeff

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jeff ( @jeffchang430 ),

First of all, I've removed your phone number from your post - this is a public forum, and I'm sure this isn't information that you want available for just anyone.

I understand that your passwords are important to you, and I will do what I can to make sure that you get them recovered.

i will try to delete all my 1password data from icloud and start clean per your website recommandation. If I do that, will I loose all the password i created in the vault previously?

I really hope you haven't deleted your iCloud data yet! If you don't have your data on your device, then the only copy of your data will be stored in the cloud.

In order to help you better, I really do need the answers to questions asked earlier in this thread:

• Are you using 1Password on any other computers or devices?
    • If so, please provide the version numbers of both 1Password and the operating systems involved.
    • What version of 1Password for iOS are you using? You can find this number in the Settings pane, below the 'Recommend 1Password' option
    • When you say that 1Password "won't sync", what do you mean? Is there an error message? Is your Master Password not accepted?

Once we have the answers to these questions, we'll be able to advise you better on what your next step is. Thanks so much for your patience as we work through this!

• jeffchang430
    jeffchang430
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't delete my icloud data yet because I am afraid i may lose them forever.
    I only have 1password on my iphone 5s.
    iOS 8.3, 1password Version 5.4.3 (I had to create a new vault so I can get through the error message pop-up to find out the version)
    My 2 yr old daughter deleted my 1password. I reinstalled it through apple app store. When I opened it, it gave me 2 options ( to create a new vault or sync an existing one ). I tried syncing it through icloud per your website recommendations, nothing worked.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeffchang430,

I'm assuming this new vault doesn't contain anything.

What I think will help is if you were to follow our How do I start over with an empty vault? and attempt to go through the steps to sync with iCloud again as an existing user. Can you describe what you're seeing at each step and report on any error messages you receive. We will do our best to help you but it's hard to diagnose "won't sync" or "nothing worked". The guide I've linked you to won't touch your iCloud Sync data so your real vault won't be harmed by attempting this. Hopefully once we've learned a bit more we'll be in a better position to help you sort this out :smile:

This discussion has been closed.