I have passwords on Awesome Notes. Would like to tansfer/import them to 1Password

Kening
Kening
Community Member

I have so many things that required passwords that I stored them in a simple password protected file in a notebook app (Awesome Notes) on my iPhone so I would usually have them on me. I would like to transfer/import them to 1Password. Is that possible? There are so many, that manually transferring them would be too tedious.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Kening,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us with this issue. Could you please let us know what sort of formats Awesome Notes can export to? I'm not familiar with the app. At a quick glance it doesn't appear they have an export feature.

Thanks!

Ben

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

It appears there are ways to get the data to a Mac or PC. However, I have two questions:

1. Is that exported data format unencrypted?
    2. Are you saved username, password, and logins stored in a format that lends itself to easy conversion, to a tabular format like CSV?

I suspect that if (1) is true and the data can be read on a Mac or PC, then you're going to have to massage your data to help in automation. This may be trivial if you are fastidious in your username, password, and login format.

I don't have the app to examine the exported data format. Perhaps you are able to provide a little more insight. And perhaps you can describe more about (2).

This discussion has been closed.