Can I get my passwords on the iOS version of 1Password to 1Password on my Mac?

Options
ChocolateAndTech
ChocolateAndTech
Community Member

Hi,

I'd like to know if I could get my passwords on 1Pass iOS to 1Pass onto my Mac. I've tried using the wifi sync method, but it didn't work.

Thank You,
John

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi John ( @ChocolateAndTech ),

I've tried using the wifi sync method, but it didn't work.

Could you please elaborate? What issue did you run into when getting WiFi sync setup?

Thanks.

Ben

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm assuming you have already bought 1P for Mac (which is a separate product from 1P for iOS). In order that we can help please provide more information. Please tell us:

Stephen

• ChocolateAndTech
    ChocolateAndTech
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for helping me. Whenever I try to setup WiFi sync, theirs a part where it requires me to enter the devices password. I've entered in my device password, however whenever I type it into 1Password on iOS, it keeps asking me for my device password. After the second time it showed me my computer password hint, but that's all. When I press cancel, I get this message:

Sync Problem
    Failed to verify Master Password on your computer.

With the options to, Dismiss and More Info.

I haven't purchased 1Password at all on my computer. I've only purchased it on the mobile version.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't purchased 1Password at all on my computer. I've only purchased it on the mobile version.

The first thing to make clear is that 1P for Mac and 1P for iOS are completely separate products. In other words, if you need 1P for Mac you have to buy it. The cost of it has nothing to do with whether or not you have 1P for iOS.

1Password is licensed per person and per platform, rather than per device. You can read more about AgileBits' approach to software licensing in this knowledge base article.

You can buy 1P for Mac either from the Mac App Store or direct from the AgileBits store. There are two things to bear in mind:

1. If you ever want to use iCloud to sync 1P data between your Mac and iPhone you must buy 1P from the Mac App Store because the version from the AgileBits store doesn't support iCloud sync (following changes made by Apple on the launch of OS X Yosemite). Both versions support sync of 1P data by either local wifi or Dropbox.
    2. If you have owned an earlier version of 1P for Mac you may be entitled to an upgrade discount if you buy from the AgileBits store. That discount won't be available if you buy from the Mac App Store.

Stephen

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

And the direct version has a thirty day trial, whereas trial versions aren't permitted on the App Store.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ChocolateAndTech ,

I hope that Stephen and Danco's statements here have helped to explain things. Of course, if you have any further questions, we're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.