Two Factor Authentication problem with Shopify

Options
ScottSmith
ScottSmith
Community Member

I enabled two factor auth with Shopify on my Mac but was having troubles logging in when it came to entering my code via my iPhone. After successfully using a backup code to enter my account, I disabled and reenabled 2FA. Now, when reenabling, Shopify requires you to enter the code shown on your device. I updated the 2FA entry in 1Password on my iPhone and the code it generated wasn't correct. I ensured that the saved secret was the same as what Shopify was showing me yet the generated code wasn't accepted. I saved the same 2FA secret (via QR code) with Authy and entered the code. It was accepted and 2FA was reenabled.

I'm using the latest versions of 1Password on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Only the iOS versions seem to exhibit this behaviour. The code shown in Authy and 1Password for OS X are the same, correct code. I should note that this problem doesn't arise with other logins that use 2FA, only Shopify.

1Password Version: iOS 5.5, OS X 5.3 (MAS)
Extension Version: 4.4.0.b8
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4 (14E36b)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ScottSmith,

I noticed you listed v5.5 for iOS, but v5.4.3 is actually the latest stable release. 5.5 is in beta. Please either try v5.4.3, or make sure you have the latest 5.5 beta via the TestFlight app.

I actually had this issue on iOS as well and discovered I'd missed an update in TestFlight.

Thanks!

Ben

• ScottSmith
    ScottSmith
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! The update fixed it. Strange, but I'm glad it's working now.

• Ben
    Options

Great! Glad to hear it. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.