Weird File > Import… bug

Options
benfdc
benfdc
Community Member

I am shifting my father and stepmother from LastPass to 1Password, so I had to export .csv files from their LastPass accounts and import those files into newly-created 1Password vaults.

In each instance, clicking the Open button in the File > Import… pop-up window would not do anything until I clicked the green window control to expand the pop-up window to full-screen size.

Once I resized the window, the Open button worked and all items imported. So I'm fine, but this ought to be fixed.

—Ben F

1Password Version: latest non-Beta version
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Yosemite
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @benfdc,

I won't address the issue you've mentioned - someone from AgileBits will do so soon.

I will suggest that if you are not happy with the results of the LastPass import, you might like to use a converter that will better categorize your LastPass data.

If you're happy, then you're good to go.

If you think you're interested in trying it, I happened to have just finished a Drag-n-Drop AppleScript that I'll include with the converters, which will make the task even simpler. I'll make it available in the _testing folder mentioned in the linked post.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @benfdc,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the problem you ran into with the buttons in the Import dialog! I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but the good news is that our developers are actually aware of this issue and I believe they've already fixed it in a recent beta. So, barring any unforeseen circumstances, the fix should be included in the next update (although I don't have a timeframe for when that will be available).

Thanks again for letting us know about that! If you need anything else, please let us know. :)

ref: OPM-2965

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC—

Thanks for your suggestion. I took a look at the GitHub page when I started this process, found it intimidating, and decided to try the built-in converter first. The most intimidating thing about the GitHub page: no system requirements. Was it for OS X? Windows 8.1? I just couldn’t tell.

The LastPass vaults that I converted were not complex, and I think that the native converter did a good enough job. If my initial impression proves to be mistaken, I will take another look at your converter.

@Drew_AG—

Thanks for the thanks. I loves me my 1Password, and the best way that I know to show it is to offer up bug reports and feature requests here in the forums.

—Ben F

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @benfdc,

No problem. Should you change your mind, download and watch the brief video that shows the new easy to use Drag-n-Drop facility. The entire process takes less than a minute.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@benfdc, I'm really glad you love 1Password so much and that you're willing to help us make it even better - we wouldn't be where we are today without awesome users such as yourself! :)

Speaking of awesome people, MrC is always glad to help out with questions about his converters. It sounds like you might be all set with that already, but if you need anything else, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.