Can't get 1Password synced on new iPhone6

Options
rowbearwilyums
rowbearwilyums
Community Member

I just upgraded from one iPhone to an iPhone6 - When I sync I get the message 'The app '1Password' was not installed on the iPhne 'Diane's iPhone' because the app could not be found'. What do I need to do? I have the license and 1Password is installed on my Macbook

1Password Version: 1Password 5
Extension Version: 5.3.2 (532001)
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The first thing to make clear is that 1P for Mac and 1P for iOS are completely separate products. In other words, if you need 1P for iOS you have to download and install it.

1Password is licensed per person and per platform, rather than per device. You can read more about AgileBits' approach to software licensing in this knowledge base article.

1P for iOS is a free download from the App Store accessed from your iOS device—with an in-app purchase to enable pro features. If you make that in-app purchase on one iOS device you can enable the pro features without charge on any other iOS device that uses the same Apple ID.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rowbearwilyums ,

I hope that Stephen's post has been helpful to you! I'm curious, where are you seeing the message:

'The app '1Password' was not installed on the iPhne 'Diane's iPhone' because the app could not be found'.

I'll admit, I can't recall seeing that warning before. If you can tell me a bit more about when this popped up, we'll be in a better position to get it straightened out! :)

• rowbearwilyums
    rowbearwilyums
    Community Member
    Options

I actually emailed Agilebits support from the 1Password help address on my old phone and I got a quick direct answer that solved my problem. Basically, Stephen_C is correct: I had to re-download the app onto my new phone. I thought that by syncing through iTunes that the app would transfer to my new phone as the rest of my apps did - but I think 1Password might be the only one that I paid for. All is good. Thanks for your help.

• Jasper
    Options

Glad to hear it's all good now! :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.