saving multiple vaults to dropbox from Iphone

marcob
marcob
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm using 1Password4 on Windows7 (trial for now, but I will purchase full version once I figure out how everything works) and I just purchased the pro version on the Iphone6.
So I have a 'work' vault on my PC which I can move to dropbox - no probs. i have also imported that vault to my I phone so I have 'work' and 'Primary' there. The 'Primary' vault so far synced to icloud. I now want to synch the 'primary' vault to dropbox in order to be able to use it on the Windows PC. When I want to sync the Primary vault to Dropbox. I get to the choose a vault screen where I only see the path for the 'work' vault. I don't want to merge these two I want to keep them separate.

So how do I create a second dropbox folder for the 'primary' vault fromthe iphone and export what I have on there so the PC can use that?

thank you

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni

@marcob If the Primary vault in 1Password 5 for iOS is currently syncing via iCloud and you wish to switch to Dropbox syncing, you should be able to follow the "On your iOS devices…" section of the switching to Dropbox instructions.

• marcob
    marcob
    Community Member

well if I follow these instructions I get to a screen (screenshot) where I only have the option to merge it with my work vault - which i don't want to do. Can I sync it under a new name (ie. NOT the 'work' vault?

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni

@marcob OK, 1Password 5 for iOS is detecting the presence of an existing agilekeychain so it won't let you create a new one for the Primary vault.

Let's try this. Using your PC, temporarily move the 1Password data file that is currently in Dropbox (named work.agilekeychain) out of Dropbox (don't delete it, just move it to your Desktop or somewhere else safe) and let Dropbox sync.

Setup Dropbox syncing for the Primary vault using 1Password 5 for iOS. Let it sync to Dropbox.

Move the work.agilekeychain back to the apps/1Password folder in Dropbox.

• marcob
    marcob
    Community Member

Great that worked!
    Thanks for your help

• On behalf of Marshall, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.