Yahoo web mail 1brower crashes 1password

douglasfenton
douglasfenton
Community Member

Logon to yahoo web mail - select all unread by using the drop down at the top.
Then on the right side of the top bar - select the drop down to mark all as read.
This causes 1password to crash about 50% of the time.
I have many emails in my inbox - yahoo does allow you to scroll though them - the page is kind of large compared to an average website.

I get many emails from machines(notifications of events ) in this account. Reading the subject is enough for most email - so I look though a page and mark all as read. The thing crashes often. Guess I could use a different browser but it would be nice to get 1browser fixed. On restart it does not offer a crash report.

I have the current version of all software - iOS, 1pasdword along with everything else.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @douglasfenton ,

First of all, I just wanted to let you know that I've edited your username to exclude the domain portion of the email address - this is a public forum, so you might not want your full email address displayed here. :) If you would prefer a different username, please let me know and I'd be happy to change it for you.

Now, just to be sure that we're on the same page here, I would love to confirm your version details. Please look in the Setting screen of 1Password, just below the 'Recommend 1Password' option to find the exact version number. Thanks for your help in tracking this down!

• douglasfenton
    douglasfenton
    Community Member

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @douglasfenton ,

Thanks so much for confirming your version number. I've done some testing here, but I'm not able to re-create the crash that you describe. My screen looks a little bit different than you describe though. I admit, I don't really ever use my Yahoo mail account, so I'm not certain if this is the standard screen or if I'm viewing an outdated URL. Am I in the right place to attempt to recreate this crash?

• douglasfenton
    douglasfenton
    Community Member

Looks like you are using the Mobil version - I have the user agent set to safari Mac , on the 6 plus the screen is big enough for desktop websites. This being public - I would need to clean up screen shots .

• Chann
    Chann
    Community Member

Uity

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @douglasfenton ,

No need to clean up screenshots (although I'm glad you thought about the public nature of the forums before posting!) the detail you have provided is enough for me to continue testing here.

Now, I've tested on an iPhone 5s and an iPad 2, and so far, no crashes. I wish it would crash, reproducing the issue would make it a lot easier to fix. ;) I'll play with it a bit more this evening and see if I have any better 'luck'.

Have you tried using the mobile interface of the site? Particularly if you mention that the regular website is a bit cluttered, might you get a better experience - and perhaps avoid the crashing - if you used the mobile version of the site?

This discussion has been closed.