Laptop and iPhone use a different Master Password

Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Change Master Password or Start Over?.

Comments

• sclewis57
    sclewis57
    Community Member

I cannot remember my master password on my iphone. Evidently it is different from the one on my laptop. I thought they were synced, but obviously not. How can I fix this. I use 1 Password mostly on my laptop but will be traveling soon and need access on my iphone.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

Hi @sclewis57 ,

I've split your comment into its own thread since your question is a little bit different than the original poster's. (I've also removed your duplicate post from the iOS forums so we can keep this conversation all in one place.)

Let's see if we can figure out where things are getting tangled up here:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (Please include all relevant computers and devices)

Our Knowledgebase will help you find your 1Password version information:
    https://support.1password.com/check-app-version/

• What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    • Which method are you using to keep your 1Password vault(s) in sync between your devices and computers?
    • Is your database complete and up-to-date on your Mac?
  • sclewis57
    sclewis57
    Community Member

I am using version 5.3.2 on my mac laptop. I don't know the version on my iphone since I cannot remember my master password. What I would like to do is completely remove 1 Password from my iphone, reinstall, and then sync with my laptop since it is up-to-date.

• sclewis57
    sclewis57
    Community Member

I am not sure how it is synced, if at all.

• sclewis57
    sclewis57
    Community Member

OS x Yosemite 10.10.3 on Macbook
    IOS 8.4 on iphone

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sclewis57 ,

Thanks so much for getting back to me with those details! If you'd like to start fresh with 1Password on your iOS device, it's fairly simple. All you need to do is delete the app. When you reinstall, you'll be asked if you're a new user or if you have existing 1Password data. (Since we have data on your Mac already, you'll want to select existing user and then point 1Password at your existing data.)

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend setting up Dropbox sync on your Mac so that 1Password 5 for iOS can easily find your data.

If you need more detailed instructions on how to set up 1Password on your iOS device, you can check out our User Guide.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

• sclewis57
    sclewis57
    Community Member

Thank-you. It worked!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@sclewis57, on behalf of Megan, you're very welcome! I'm happy to hear that worked. Hopefully you're all set, but we're here for you if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.