Safari 9 Build 1 and 1Password Extension

MacSupport
MacSupport
Community Member

Is there a version of the 1Password Extension available via Apple's Extension Download that will work with Safari 9 Build 1? I know that it is new ground, so I am just pondering this, not expecting.

From Apple:

Secure Extension Distribution

Secure Extensions Distribution introduces improved security for Safari on OS X. All extensions in the Safari Extensions Gallery are now hosted and signed by Apple. Users can trust that the Safari Extension they install is the one you submitted.

Only Safari Extensions installed from the Safari Extensions Gallery can be updated automatically. Add the following two lines to each extension's dictionary entry within your Update Manifest to allow existing users to update automatically to the latest version.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: 10.10.4 (14E36b)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MacSupport,

I'm not personally using the El Capitan / Safari 9 betas right now, but as far as I know, you should currently still be able to install the 1Password extension like normal (i.e. open 1Password and go to 1Password > Install Browser Extensions in the menu, or open this link in Safari). You might need to make sure Extensions are enabled in Safari's preferences first.

Have you tried that yet? If you have any trouble installing the 1Password extension, please let us know. Thanks!

• MacSupport
    MacSupport
    Community Member

Working just fine! No issues so far.

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni

@MacSupport great to hear that 1Password extension is working fine in the Safari 9 Beta. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.