Different categories

Artist
Artist
Community Member

I have different categories on my Mac Pro vs my Iphone 6?. I used to ad JPG's og importent things into Social Security Numbers on my Iphone (Danish language), but don't see that on my Pro (which is in English).....I have a "Wallet" where I can include JPG's, but I don't see that on my Iphone. So as an result, I can't see anything happen when I try to update my database.....what is going on?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Artist
    Artist
    Community Member

I forgot to mention: latest versions on 1Password. OS version Yosemity latest. Iphone Latest

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Did you make the in-app purchase in 1P for iOS to enable the pro features?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Artist,

In addition to Stephen's question, it will be helpful for us if you can confirm the following:

Also, can you clarify what you meant by this:

I have a "Wallet" where I can include JPG's

There's no "Wallet" category in the latest versions of 1Password, so I think I might be misunderstanding what you mean about that. What type of items are you attaching your JPG files to? The more details you can give us about the steps you take to attach files and what you see (or don't see) on your iPhone, the better. Thanks!

• Artist
    Artist
    Community Member

Yes I bought the pro features from Appstore for my Iphone6!
    The version on my Mac Pro is 3.8.22. I have checked the update from the program and I'm up to date
    The Vault categories contains: Logins, Accounts, Identities, Secure notes, Software, Wallet.
    No Social Security Numbers, Credit Cards, Passports, Driver Licenses

The Iphone runs ver. 5.4.3 with pro features
    The categories are: Logins, Secure Notes, Credit cards, Identities, Social Security numbers, Passports, Software licences, Driver Licences.
    What I used to do/want to do: ad a jpg in, example, social security number (or whatever category) on my Mac Pro, and then update the data on my iPhones and iPads.
    It used to be a breeze, but with some updates it has been impossible to figure out how to do it. I've spent hours on this thing!
    ....and YES, I can easily shoot a picture of the wanted items for my photo-roll, but I would love it to be inside 1P!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Artist,

Thanks for the information! Starting in 1Password 4, there were some changes to the categories. All your items from 1Password 3 on your Mac should be in 1Password 5 on your iPhone, but some might be organized a bit differently, or in some cases they might be in a different category now. Most of the categories from version 3 are also in versions 4 and 5, but some categories were merged into Logins.

In 1Password 3, some item categories were grouped together within the Wallet and Accounts groups. Those groups were removed starting in 1Password 4. The categories that were inside the Wallet group (Bank Account, Credit Card, Driver's License, and others) are now their own categories. The Accounts group is also gone, and some of the item categories from Accounts are still there (such as Database, Email Account, and Wireless Router) but many categories from that group have been converted into Logins (such as FTP, Generic Accounts, and so on).

If you have items in 1Password 3 on your Mac that you're having trouble finding in 1Password 5 on your iPhone, please check the Logins category to see if your items are there. You can also search for the items from the top of the main Categories section of 1Password 5 for iOS.

Does that help you find those items on your iPhone? You also mentioned a problem with attachments, but I'm not sure if that's part of the trouble you had finding some items. If you're still having trouble, please let us know and we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• Artist
    Artist
    Community Member

Can't find the items on my phone!

I have, on my Mac, under WALLET Social Security Number where I have attached a JPG (of a temporary code key list) all so fine...
    now I want to transfer/update the database to my portable devices! I have tried to delete the datafile in itunes, placed the new datafile from the mac and synced. I have tried to delete the program and reinstall the MAC data with dropbox....no success

it all boils down to, that I can't update the database from my MAC to my Iphones/Ipads

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Artist,

Ok, so it sounds like you're having trouble syncing your 1Password data between your Mac and iPhone. You won't be able to do that using iTunes file sharing, but you should be able to set up Dropbox sync.

If you don't already have the Dropbox app installed on your Mac, you can download it from dropbox.com. Once Dropbox is set up, follow these steps on your Mac:

• Open the 1Password 3 app and and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences.
    • Select the General tab and click the Move to Dropbox button.
    • Confirm that you’d like to move your data file to your Dropbox folder.
    • Allow Dropbox to finish syncing.

Once it finishes syncing, you can set up Dropbox sync on your iPhone by following the steps in this knowledgebase article.

By the way, I was able to find your license information in our system, and it looks like you bought your 1Password 3 for Mac license in 2013, which means you can upgrade to 1Password 5 for Mac for free. Is there any reason you are still using version 3 on your Mac? We'll be glad to help you upgrade to version 5 if you want, and that may help to make some of this easier for you.

• Artist
    Artist
    Community Member

I have 2 system disk's on my Pro a Snow Leopard and a Yosemite, and the both tell me that there are no updates
    I would love to upgrade to ver 5 on my mac Yosemite. And thanks for the tips of sync, I'll definitely try that:)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Artist,

Sorry for the confusion about installing 1Password 5 for Mac! Version 5 isn't really an update for version 3 because it's a completely separate app which you'll need to download separately. You can get 1Password 5 for Mac from our download site.

When you open 1Password 5 for the first time, it should be able to find your existing 1Password data. If it doesn't, let us know and we'll be glad to help you set that up.

Once you set up 1Password 5, you'll also need to activate it with a license file. I've just resent your license info to your email address. To add your license file to 1Password 5 for Mac, use the Click here to Apply Your 1Password License link included in the email. That should automatically add the license file. (To check if it worked, open the main 1Password 5 app and go to the menu for 1Password 5 > License. If that window says "Thank you for supporting 1Password!" then the license file has been added.)

Assuming 1Password 5 finds your existing data on your Mac, you can then set up Dropbox sync by following these steps.

Hopefully that all goes well, but please let us know if you run into any trouble with that, or if you have any questions. Thanks!

• Artist
    Artist
    Community Member

Absolutely 1. class support. I'm up running on all platforms. Thanks Drew, and AgileBits

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Artist,

I'm so glad to hear that Drew was able to get things sorted out for you - thanks for letting us know!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.