Store Certificate inside 1Password [Add it as a file attachment, note 5MB size limitation for files]

mcnahum
mcnahum
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,
I've a site who required a certificate as a second factor.
I tried to store my cert. inside 1 password but as the size of it is 6KB .. it's detected as too big to be stored inside.
any other way? any plan to increase the limit of storage?

I'm working on Windows today but the question is a general one ..

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@mcnahum Out of curiosity, what site would that be? I'm interested in learning about the certificate they require. Thanks!

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member

it's a site to order ... certificate.
    there is multiple who do this ...

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

I just add them as an attachment to the logon, is that not what you mean?

EDIT: Just realised you mean specifically the 2FA section. That's only intended to store the shared secret for the OTP. The certificate needs to be installed in your browser to authenticate, storing it in 1Password is just for protection, and is what I do with the attachment field (attach the pkcs12 cert as a file)

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member

I just want to add it inside as a file, not on the 2FA section. the issue is the size of the certificate who is 6KB and one password is having a limit here apparently

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@mcnahum Please see this discussion. Thanks!

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member

Working perfectly! thanks
    extra question, do we have the same for MacOS?

• Hi @mcnahum,

Yes, 1Password have the same size limitation, that's why we had the other discussion because we added the same limit as the Mac app to maintain the consistency. There isn't a way to remove the limit on the Mac platform for now.

The size limitation is set in place because 1Password is not designed to handle large attachments and should be avoided as much as possible.

This discussion has been closed.