Browser extensions not working... again.

Options
VelvetLounger
VelvetLounger
Community Member

Hello. Last week I received help because the Chrome browser extension stopped working. Well its happened again. This time the Safari plugin is also not working. Neither browser has been updated since last week. I have used your software for years and have not knowingly changed anything on my system.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the extension, restarting Chrome, and rebooting. This solved the problem last week. But its not working this time. Can anyone help me on this? The 1Password application is working fine, thankfully, or else I would not have been able to log into this forum.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.3.1.90
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• VelvetLounger
    VelvetLounger
    Community Member
    Options

Also I just installed the extension, yet when I to the menu bar at the top of my screen and click the 1Password button the drop down box asks if I want to instal the extension. It shows up in the extension list in Chrome, but everytime I click the button on the menu bar it asks me if I want to instal it again.

• VelvetLounger
    VelvetLounger
    Community Member
    Options

Well it started working, then a few minutes later stopped again. Now sometimes when I click it I get a message saying it cant find 1Password 4. I have been using version 5 for a long time. However it is still working fine in Safari. But I don't use Safari.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @VelvetLounger,

Sorry to hear you're still dealing with this Chrome extension problem!

I see that in the previous thread, Drew provided you with the link to our extension troubleshooting article, so we can assume you already know about those tips. If nothing in there is helping, I think it's time we have a look at a Diagnostics Report to see if there's anything wonky going on.

Here's how to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac. Please attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

Actually, I see you've already sent in an email to us regarding this issue, as well as started another forum discussion. To avoid confusion and provide you with the most consistent support, I'm going to close both of these forum threads, and our email support team will continue working with you to get your Chrome extension working correctly. Cheers! :)

ref: TNV-46446-651

This discussion has been closed.