Easier way to switch between multiple vaults?

Options

It looks like on the Apps and the Mac, there is an option to easily switch between multiple vaults (i.e. you just select the vault and don't have to enter in a different password when you switch between them).

Is that feature available on a Windows computer? Or does anyone have a recommendation on switching between multiple vaults and not having to enter in a password each time?

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

No, the windows app works differently to the others and there doesn't seem to be any appetite within Agilebits to change it.

If you search the forum you'll find that this has neen discussed numerous times before. Those conversations might provide more setail for you.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi folks,

Better handling of multiple vaults is certainly a goal of ours, as is more consistency (where appropriate) across platforms. Unfortunately I don't have further details than that to share at this point.

Thanks!

Ben

• jamie_lindemulder
    jamie_lindemulder
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you both! :)

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @jamie_lindemulder,

On behalf of Ben, you're welcome!

There are some keyboard shortcuts in the main program that may help, such as Control + <num>. If you want to open the first vault, you can press Control + 1 to switch to the first vault or 2 for the second vault. We've added vault switcher in the extension to also make this easier.

I know this won't help with reducing the amount of times you have to enter for different vaults and their passwords but we are aware of how frustrating this is especially when our namesake refers to only remembering one password.

• jamie_lindemulder
    jamie_lindemulder
    Community Member
    Options

Great thanks MikeT!!!

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.