Right-clicking on Logins via 1Password plugin for IE doesn't do anything [Fixed in latest update]

Options
wraith
wraith
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm encountering this issue on multiple PC's in multiple environments, the only consistency is Windows 8.1 with IE 11.

The 1Password menu works in IE11, however I can't right click on logins to expand the password details. I've encountered exactly the same issue with Chrome in the past and resolved it with an anti-virus exception, that may be the case here but it's not something I've been able to determine via the knowledgebase and I'm on machines where Chrome works fine with that exception. The anti-virus is also a different product on the different machines so I'm not certain that's the cause. Disabling and re-enabling the plugin doesn't help.

1Password Version: 4.5.0.574
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wraith,

The expanded details view is not available in IE, it is only available in Chrome and Safari. There are weird UI glitches that occurs when the certain browsers detect right-clicking on Logins and until we resolve these glitches, we've disabled it as a temporary workaround.

You'd have to open the main 1Password program to view the details if you're using IE (and for others reading this, Firefox).

We hope to have a better solution on this in the future.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The expanded details view is not available in IE, it is only available in Chrome and Safari.

@MikeT It should work everywhere, including in IE.

We do have a known problem with Firefox not displaying your note in a tooltip window when you hover over a Login item.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The 1Password menu works in IE11, however I can't right click on logins to expand the password details.

@wraith I found a bug where it wouldn't work if you had previously opened the 1Password popup menu in Chrome. Essentially, it came down to this:

1. Open 1Password popup menu in Chrome. Result: right-click (and Tab) on a Login item is dead in IE.
    2. Open 1Password popup menu in IE. Result: right-click (and Tab) on a Login item is dead in Chrome.

Fixed in 4.5.0.BETA-581 /cc @MikeT

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @svondutch,

Thanks for the clarification, I'll test it as soon as it is available.

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that sounds like my problem. I constantly switch between both browsers since no one browser seems to work properly with all websites. I use Chrome far more often than IE so in all of my testing it's almost guaranteed that I'd have used the extension in Chrome first and fairly likely that I've have right clicked it (in Chrome).

• Thanks for reporting this @wraith!
    @svondutch is a miracle worker when it comes to fixing bugs and the fix will appear in the next stable version, soon.

• MikeT
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @wraith,

This has been fixed already in the latest 1Password beta, 4.5.0.BETA-581. It'll be available as a stable update fairly soon.

If you'd like to confirm it, you can update to the beta version to test it.

• wraith
    wraith
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @MikeT, @svondutch, @AlexHoffmann

Just reporting back that I've tested and confirmed this is resolved in 4.6.0.583. I intentionally used Chrome first to try and trigger the issue in IE and everything worked swimmingly. Thanks for your help.

Cheers :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wraith: Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation. I'm glad to hear it's working well for you now. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.